Why use client-side programming?
Client-side programming allows us to manipulate a web page after it has been loaded by the user. Some practical examples of this are:
- Creating visual effects such as moving text or images.
- Validating data entered into a form by a user.
- Opening new browser windows.
- Communicating with web server to update data in real time.
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Special effects
- Event handling
If you would like to investigate further here are a number of good resources for more information.